Sunday, October 29, 2017

Making Something Out of Nothing

October is coming to an end.

Each day passes so quickly I feel I am unable to enjoy the time I have left at school. Not to say I've enjoyed the experience, at least in the last year, but I think it was a necessary struggle for me to go through to be able to better appreciate what's to come in my life.

Justification of effort, they call it; the more time you put into something, the more likely you are to be thankful for it in the end.


Now, what does that have to do with my project?
Well, it sucks. I have spent all weekend working on it, because as of Thursday it was not up to standards. And my presentation is tomorrow.

I felt so stupid, and guilty, and depressed. And still do.
I set myself up for failure. All the signs were there but I just ignored them.

And now I'm paying for it.
But, like with everything else in my life, I will persevere, and make it through.

I may not be a filmmaker, but that's the point. I wanted to challenge myself, and I have. I did this to myself. Because somewhere deep, deep down, I believed in myself.


From storytelling to appealing visuals and a majestic score, I think what intrigues me the most about filmmaking is everything.
Every component is in itself a story, and when all of those things combine it creates a masterpiece.

And to be able to say I did all of that, just me, that's what I want.

So, I'm gonna get it.



No comments:

Post a Comment